Step by step instructions on how to make your own copywork material
What do you need:
1. Microsoft Word or any programme that will be equivalent.
AboSalman fonts (package of 4). I personally use number 3 and 4 so far. I have seen that Sister UmmIbrahim is using other ones in her works mashaAllah tabarakAllah.
Those fonts have to be properly installed on your PC and working. Instructions
Also make sure that you can see and work with Arabic fonts on your PC.
Now to the instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Word Document.
2. I do not like to work on the document that is in “Portrait” layout. I like when it is Landscape – it is wider so that makes lines longer. Better for practice and not all info can fit. So I change layout. I go to Layout – and choose Landscape.
4. Then I choose Penmanship Print as my font, choose the symbol as lines and then click on insert. And then click on close the window.5. As a result I will have this6. Then I increase my font to “36” and with the help of “copy” and “paste” I continue the whole line till the end.7. Now with Arabic. I do not have Arabic keyboard but I do have Arabic fonts. To type in Arabic I do need a keyboard. For this I go to – All Programmes – Accessories – Accessibility – On screen keyboard
8. When I change my font to Arabic my keyboard also changes to Arabic one Alhamdulilyah.9. Also another tip – to have your vocalisation marks in place you need to press shift on your on screen keyboard and vocolasaiton marks will appear inshaAllah.10. Now we are typing in Arabic. For that you need to put your cursor at the end of the line and to start typing on your screen keyboard.11. Now we need that this word will be on the same line as our above line so we delete some of our line to fit our word.12. Now we will change our font to AboSalman number 3. 13. And increase the font size to 48. As I find it other wise to small for our penmanship print line.14. Now again we are making sure that our word will be on the top line. We delete some parts of our top line.15. The next step is very very simple. Simply copy small part of our top line and then “copy” and “paste” until you make the whole line.16. Next line is even more simple than the previous. We will simply use our penmanship print to type our English translation of the Arabic word.17. Now start typing.18. Now “copy” and “paste” our line until you will have two lines.
Special thanks to sisters UmmIbrahim and Sumayyah for their input. BarakAllah fikum sisters.
1. Repeat steps 1 to 2 as in Method 12. Now change font to Penmanship Print, change size of the font to 36 and press button”`” and you will have this as a result3. Keep pressing the same button untill you will have full whole line4. Now press on Insert and find button “Text Box” – Draw Text Box5. As a result you will have a little text box to type in6. In the Text Box choose – Shape Outline – No outline7. Now in the text box start typing your arabic text using any font you like – in this case I have choosen AbuSlaman number 4 – font size 488. Now start moving your box9. And place it exactly on the line
10. Now go to the Text Box tools – Text Wrapping – Behind text11. You will have this as a result12. Or if you rather prefer another font like for example Ariel then you will get this13. Next step you just draw a line using the same method as in step 214. And then you type in English
These are basics, that I hope inshaAllah will get you started with your work. I am sure that there are other ways of how to create your own copywork. So please share it with us. BarakAllah fikum